Who we are
Pacific Island Lure Innovations- PILI lures. We are a small and simple fishing lure business, based in Kailua-Kona, HI. Owned by Mark Santiago. Our website address is: https://www.pililures.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
This may include personal data, such as name, email address, personal account preferences; transactional data, such as purchase information; and technical data, such as information about cookies. We only collect the minimal amount needed to provide you a smooth online shopping experience and any of the information you manually choose to share with us (i.e. photo submission, comments, etc.)
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload/submit images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
1. The photograph, image or material that I am submitting (“Submission” or “photograph” or “image”) is my original work and I currently hold all rights to it.
2. I am at least eighteen (18) years of age.
3. To the best of my knowledge, my Submission does not infringe or violate any trademark, copyright or privacy rights of any third party. I acknowledge that I have secured all required releases, consents and permissions from any individuals appearing in the Submission.
4. I grant Pacific Island Lure Innovations (PILI Lures) a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, transmit, display, license , annotate, archive, backup or otherwise use the Submission in whole or in part in any media without any limitation or restriction.
5. I grant PILI Lures the right to attach wording to the Submission, including my name (to provide photo credit) unless specified by submitter otherwise, and/or my initials or first name and last initial; the city, state, and/or country where I live; the geographic location of the photograph; and general information about the photograph.
6. I represent that any persons (adult or minor) whose images are in my Submissions (collectively, the “Subjects”) are aware of and agree to this submission(s) and to these terms of this Agreement. I further represent that the Subjects have given me their express consent to include their image in my Submission free of any claim or expectation of compensation.
7. I acknowledge that I am entitled to no compensation in connection with this Agreement and any photographs, images or other materials I submit. I waive any and all claims I may have against PILI Lures for any remuneration for any submissions I may make to their gallery regardless of how or whether such images or photographs are used.
8. I understand and agree that PILI Lures has no liability for any unauthorized use of the Submission by third parties. PILI Lures, for its part, will not authorize any third party use of the Submission.
9. To the extent permitted under applicable state law, I agree to hold harmless and indemnify PILI Lures in the event that any third party makes claim against PILI Lures for its use of my Submissions.
10. I also agree that if a provision of this Agreement is or becomes invalid or unenforceable, that fact or finding shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the provisions of this Agreement.
11. I have read this Photo Submission Agreement, understand its content and agree to its terms
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
How we protect your data
We have encrypted our website and it is hosted securely, we have a SSL certificate.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.